CAN HELP YOU WITH:
- Birth control options
- Breast/chest health
- Body Image
- Gender affirmation
- Getting off birth control
- Mental Health
- Painful sex
- Pap smears
- Period problems
- STI testing
- Trauma / Assault
- Yeast infections
356 West 18th St. New York, NY 10011 212-271-7200
Bronx: 3144 3rd Ave, Bronx, NY 10451 (718) 215-1800
Thea Spyer Center: 230 West 17th St, New York, NY 10011 (212) 271-7200
Callen-Lorde Community Health Center provides sensitive, quality health care and related services targeted to New York’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities — in all their diversity — regardless of ability to pay!
WHY WE LOVE THEM:
- Callen Lorde offers such a HUGE variety of services, focused on the LGBTQ community. Something no one else has quite managed to do to this extent in NYC.
- They not only do they work of healthcare providers, they actively advocate for LGBTQ health equity and justice.
USE THEM FOR:
- All your pharmaceutical needs; They also do home delivery!
- Help getting enrolled in a healthcare plan
- HIV/Aids testing as well as access to PrEP
- Access to almost all behavioral health services (transgender counseling, substance abuse assessment, psychiatric services, individual counseling, support groups + more!)
- General GYN care like your annual pap smear
- Access to birth control and contraceptives
Side note: they can also cover your primary and dental care needs!
did you work with callen lorde?
we want to hear about your experience!
*This clinic has not gone through allbodies’ vettting process, but we have included them here because we believe they offer important services for the communities they serve and accept insurance. Please get in touch so that we can hear about your experience with them!