CAN HELP YOU WITH:
- Chronic Pain
- Mental health
- Gender Transition
- Gender-based violence
Everywhere! 🌍 They work virtually!
Daley (they/them) is a disabled, non-binary trans counselor/facilitator and survivor. They offer accessible, anti-oppression informed mental health support all over the world - they work virtually! Daley combines narrative therapy and somatics with a deep ethical commitment to social justice. Their goal is for therapy to be an affirming, nourishing and enjoyable process that actively helps to create the future you and your communities need.
WHY WE LOVE THEM:
- Because Daley believes, “everyone has the right to determine the influence of their experiences on themselves, their relationships and the communities and futures they are building.” YES.
- Their background and passion centers around increasing accessibility across a wide range of structural barriers including ability, class, gender, race and citizenship
- They train individuals and organizations on accessibility and trauma-informed practices
USE THEM FOR:
- Counseling and mental health support
- Clinic/practitioner support in trauma-informed and gender-affirming care
FROM THEIR REFERENCES:
“I’ve always felt uncomfortable in conventional therapy situations. Something about using only my brain to figure things out just didn’t feel trustworthy. I can talk myself into or out of anything. This is one of the reasons I love working with Daley. Their embodied approach works for me so well. Tuning into the physical sensations associated with the things I’m struggling with, I’m able to actually feel what’s going on in my body and lived experience. I’m able to give these sensations enough space, time, and attention to communicate with me. To help me understand what they’re trying to say, how they are trying to help. Allowing the things I’m struggling with to become friendly forces helps me stop fighting myself. My struggles or painful sensations become collaborators moving me toward my greatest good”
“Daley’s incredible skill of gently guiding me toward myself is so compassionate, so delightfully human, so unexpectedly funny. I don’t know how they do what they do, but it feels like magic. I leave every single session on my own side and with a new internal ally or two.”
“Fierce. Powerful. Generous. Playful. Flexible. Protective. Open-Hearted. This is Daley”