CAN HELP YOU WITH:
- Birth Control options
- STI testing
- Fixing your period
Everywhere! 🌍 They offer virtual consultations.
For IUIs and hands-on exams, you must live in NYC!
Frida Care is run by two midwives who are trained in and committed to providing respectful care for people of all genders through their pregnancy and fertility journeys. If you live in NYC they can come to your home for IUI services, and regular GYN care. If you don’t live in NYC, you can reach them virtually for patient-centered, trauma-informed consultations for Trans, gender-non-conforming, and queer people searching out midwifery-model care as well as teens and adults of all genders looking for sex-positive, body-positive, and loving information about their reproductive healthy lives.
WHY WE LOVE THEM
- Trauma-informed, consent-based health care? Now that’s speakin’ our language.
- They do IUIs (intrauterine inseminations) from the comfort of your home. Hey NYC – did you know this was a possibility?!
- They do free quickie consults so you can get to know ‘em better
- Hey queer folks, you can avoid sterile fertility clinics whose preconception counseling doesn’t quite support your family and visit these wonderful peeps.
USE THEM FOR:
- At home IUIs – if you live in NYC
- Pre-pregnancy consulting (anywhere in the world!)- they are particularly suited to work with LGTBQ+ peeps.
- Pregnancy support (anywhere in the world!)
- Support around your menstrual cycle (anywhere in the world!)
FROM THEIR REFERENCES:
“Our baby is due in June and it’s all thanks to Shira. After almost a year of trying with fertility “specialists” (and 7 IUI’s later) my partner and I were getting nowhere. We felt that the cold, sterile, you’re “just a number” process of fertility clinics just didn’t feel right and we were terrified of the idea and expense involved with IVF…Within 5 minutes of meeting Shira we knew that she was the perfect person to lead us on a healthier journey to getting pregnant… It was the exact opposite of having an IUI at a fertility clinic – we were in our own environment and felt fully supported by an extremely knowledgeable and wise midwife with uncanny ability to read couples and make the experience joyful (and fun!). Two weeks later (literally after our first IUI with Shira), I got a positive pregnancy test! To call Shira a miracle worker is an understatement. I can’t recommend her enough.”
“My procedures with her were amazing. She made me feel so safe. This was my first time trying to conceive so my stress level and nervousness were all over the place. Shira made this whole process so peaceful, secure and safe. Till today she’s always available to answer any of my questions and concerns. I am forever grateful to have found her and I am happy to announce that my wife and I are expecting a healthy baby boy.”
“Sadly, I miscarried while on vacation in Europe at 10 weeks, and even had to go to the emergency room for complications. Throughout that difficult time, Shira made herself available through text message support, and quickly addressed my fears and concerns during the worst stages of the miscarriage. After returning from vacation, she generously offered to come to our apartment and process the grief with us. I am immensely grateful that she’s my midwife.”