CAN HELP YOU WITH:
- Mental and emotional health
- Gender identity / Gender dysphoria
- Sexual orientation
- Body Image
- Healing, Grief & Loss
- Spiritual Direction and Development
Everywhere! 🌍 She works virtually! But, if you live in NYC, she’ll also see you IRL.
Laura Stein, LMSW (she/her) is a NYC born and bred ordained Reform Jewish cantor, spiritual guide and LGBTQ-focused therapist. She works at the intersection of mental health and spiritual health (cool!). In addition to her one-on-one services, she guides families through life’s bigger moments such as marriage, gender transition ceremonies, baby namings and funerals.
WHY WE LOVE HER:
- In addition to her one-on-one practice, Laura has worked in a Trauma-Level 1 hospital, prisons and shelters.
- Laura is an LGBTQ+ identified therapist who completes continuing education to continue learning about what it means to support this community. She brings professional training AND lived experience to support her work in this field.
USE HER FOR:
- Talk therapy for anxiety, depression and general coping
- Counseling and mental health support
- Healing from trauma, grief and loss
- Support through gender transitions and surgeries
- Spiritual guidance through life’s transition, milestones and lifecycles
- Developing a spiritual practice
FROM HER REFERENCES:
“Laura is the most compassionate listener. She approaches everything with acceptance and without judgment and has taught me to do the same. I have gained so much by working with her.”
“We contacted Cantor Stein about a baby naming for our child, whom we are raising gender neutral. She guided us through the process seamlessly, and officiated a beautiful and meaningful ceremony for our family”
“Laura is incredibly affirming and supportive. I’ve healed from trauma and gotten through some hard times with her help. She’s been a huge support in my life!”