CAN HELP YOU WITH:
Everywhere! 🌍 They offer virtual sessions and classes.
For IRL services like hands-on exams and IUIs, you must live in Seattle.
4906 Rainier Avenue South, Seattle WA 98118
Maia Midwifery is led by midwife Kristin Kali, LM CPM (they/them) and specializes in LGBTQ family building, queer conception, lesbian pregnancy, transmasculine pregnancy, single parents by choice, poly families, heterosexual families, and those conceiving over 40.
They offer IRL services in Seattle (IUIs, and clinical pregnancy and postpartum care) and classes and virtual consulting across the globe for all stages of fertility, pregnancy and the postpartum period (so yes, you can work with them too!)
In addition to helping you with a holistic fertility approach, they also help consult with your fertility clinic as needed.
WHY WE LOVE THEM
- They are dedicated to supporting the advancement of midwives and birth workers of color and offer trainings for midwives, LGBTQ cultural sensitivity courses, organizational consulting and public speaking at conferences and events.
- They offer support for those conceiving over 40 without calling you a “geriatric pregnancy”
- They offer IUI services for those in the Seattle area
- They offer free consultations
USE THEM FOR:
- All your fertility, pregnancy and postpartum needs
- IUIs in the Seattle area
- Consultations + workshops on queer fluency for care providers and birth workers
- Queer parent meet-up groups
FROM THEIR REFERENCES:
“A cervix whisperer!”
“Not only was that the most comfortable pelvic exam I’ve ever had, the IUI didn’t hurt a bit!”
“I appreciated how open Kristin was to the uniqueness and individuality of people’s experiences, particularly regarding gender and gender identity—and the experience of partners.”