CAN HELP YOU WITH:
- Pelvic Floor Care
- Painful sex
- Diastasis Recti
- Chronic Pain
- Entering Menopause
- Fixing your period
- Better sex
Everywhere! 🌍 She works virtually! But, if you live in NYC, she’ll also see you IRL.
The Functional Pelvis is a pelvic floor therapy practice comprised of Occupational Therapists Lindsey Vestal and Sonia Reiter. The Functional Pelvis specializes in pelvic floor therapy “house calls” throughout NYC for pre and postnatal people (though they do virtual sessions too!). They are dedicated to empowering people to find relief from conditions such as bowel and urinary incontinence, constipation, painful penetration, pelvic pain, prolapse and pre and postnatal complications. Sonia and Lindsey are passionate about bridging pelvic floor rehabilitation with lifestyle modifications while addressing the psychological impact that pelvic floor issues have on our everyday lives.
WHY WE LOVE THEM:
- People – do you know how important your pelvic floor is?! Probs not, so let us tell you. It’s what allows penetration to feel good. Helps you pee and poop. Keeps your organs in place. Maintains a strong core. Basically, it does everything for us and we know nothing about it. Lindsey and Sonia know SO MUCH!
- If you live in NYC- They do HOUSE CALLS!!! (psh- but for those who just had a baby elsewhere- don’t fear- Lindsey and Sonia got you from the comfort of your home too via their virtual services)
- The Functional Pelvis uniquely brings occupational therapy to pelvic floor health
- 15% of the practice identify as men.
USE THEM FOR:
- Getting a personalized assessment of your pelvic floor in pregnancy (and exercises to do!)
- Help rehab your pelvic floor post-baby
- Help rehab your pelvic floor post birth complication
- Painful sex
- Physical rehab post trauma or sexual assault
- Maintaining reproductive health in menopause
FROM THEIR REFERENCES:
“It’s a funny thing- getting a vaginal exam from the comfort of your bed! But she made me feel so comfortable and gave me practical exercises to help soften some tight spots on my pelvic floor. I have very little discomfort with penetration these days!”
“Lindsey was an incredible find. After developing fecal incontinence after a 3rd degree tear during labor with my second child, I felt truly hopeless. This was not what I thought I would be dealing with! Lindsey was extremely knowledgeable, compassionate and knew exactly how to help me. After seeing her I no longer leak and feel so much more confident.”